Every homeowner needs helpful tips to help keep the plumbing in your bathroom running efficiently.
- Run hot water down the drain once a week to keep your pipes free-flowing
- To keep soap scum from building up and causing clogs, apply Roto-Rooter® Pipe Shield® to bathroom drain lines once each month
- Don't ignore your leaky faucets! Repair the faucets to avoid further damage
- Fit tubs and showers with strainers to catch hair and soap chips
- To remove mineral deposits on your shower head, put one cup of vinegar in a plastic bag and place it over the shower head. Hold it in place with a twist tie and leave it overnight. In the morning, remove the bag and wipe off the mineral deposits with a damp cloth!
- Use your wastebasket, not your toilet! Do not flush facial tissue, cotton balls, make-up pads, sanitary products or diapers as they do not dissolve and can clog the lines.